We are located in the heart of Springs Historic District, by the Blacksmiths shop, Ashawagh Hall and Community Presbyterian Church. The Springs General Store and the Pollock - Krasner House is just a few walk-able minutes away.
Membership is open to anyone wishing to support the organization and its activities.
The Society presents programs on topics related to Springs; collects and preserves documents and photographs from the area and operates the Springs Community Library
The house was originally built in the late 1700’s by Ambrose Parsons. Several fires damaged the original building in the early 1800’s but the house was rebuilt in 1851. The kitchen, now the Library’s ‘children’ room’, is thought to be the oldest part of the house.
In 1995 the Ambrose Parsons House was listed on the New York State and the NationalRegisters of Historic places.
The Ambrose Parsons House
The Parsons Blacksmith House
Originally located on Fireplace Road, The Blacksmith Shop was built by Charles Parsons in 1886. It was moved to its present location on town property between Pussy’s Pond and the Ambrose Parsons House in 1983.