Jarvis Wood built and ran the store at the corenr of Old Stone HIghway and Neck Path in 1956, when the fishing was poor. He and his wife lived in an apartment behind the store until fishing picked up and he realized he'd rather be fishing. The store was fmaous as Marty's from 1971 to 1998 and is now the Old Stone Market.
Springs Historical Society
The Springs Historical Society was organized in 1975 by a few Springs residents to collect and preserve information and material particularly relevant to the Springs area of East Hampton Town.
Membership is open to anyone wishing to support the organization and its activities.
The Society presents programs on topics related to Springs; collects and preserves documents and photographs from the area and operates the Springs Community Library.
The Society keeps its records in the Ambrose Parsons House which also serves as the Springs Community Library. The building itself is owned by East Hampton Town.
We are located in the heart of Springs Historic District, by the Blacksmiths shop, Ashawagh Hall and Community Presbyterian Church. The Springs General Store and the Pollock - Krasner House is just a few walk-able minutes away.